Having challenges securing employment on your own? Would you like some job search support?
Connect with a WorkBC New Westminster Job Search Specialist.
A WorkBC New Westminster job search specialist will work with you to assess your employment readiness and your employment related needs.* Your job search specialist will assist you in determining specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely employment objectives when building your mutually agreed upon action plan. Some of the employment objectives in your action plan may include workshop attendance, self-employment, job development, apprenticeship training, financial supports, or training. All of our job search specialists are qualified and have extensive experience in employment counselling. Whatever employment support services you need, we can help you attach to the labour market as soon as possible!
*Must meet eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible for case management services at WorkBC New Westminster, you must meet the following criteria:
- Unemployed or underemployed (working <20hrs/week)
- 16 years of age and older
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not attending regular full time school
- Currently receiving Income/Disability Assistance
- Having received or are currently receiving the following within the past 5 years:
- Employment Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Benefits
For further information on eligibility, please visit WorkBC.ca.